A Smart List is an essential element for artists using Virtual Publicist. The suggestive AI curates a selection of the most relevant media contacts for you and groups them based on reach, influence, and network.
Using a Smart List can save independent artists a significant amount of time and effort, as it eliminates the need to manually sift through countless contacts and determine which ones are most likely to be a good fit for a particular campaign. Instead, the Virtual Publicist AI strategist does the work for you, providing a pre-selected group of industry professionals who are likely to be interested in your work. This targeted approach increases the chances of a positive response from industry professionals and helps independent artists achieve better search results.
Additionally, using Smart Lists allows independent artists to tap into the power of a group effect. By reaching out to a group of contacts who have similar interests or campaigns, the likelihood of the entire group accepting a proposal increases, which can lead to a viral effect with your content. This can help to raise the profile of independent artists and increase their reach within the music industry.
Selecting a List:
On the left hand side of your dashboard, select the Smart List feature. Here you will find a catalog of groups that you can save to your contact lists or select as a favorite to reach out to when ready.
Personalizing your communications:
Personalized emails have a better chance of getting a response. Mass emails are less successful, so personalize each one for the best results. When it comes to reaching out to media contacts through editorial lists, it’s important to remember that personalization is key.
A generic mass email is less likely to get a response, but a personalized message shows that you have taken the time to research and tailor your outreach to the recipient. Here’s how you can personalize your communication when using editorial lists on Virtual Publicist.
Research the recipient:
- Take some time to research the individual or company you are reaching out to. Look at their social media profiles, previous work, and interests. This information can help you tailor your message and make a connection with the recipient.
Address the recipient directly:
- When composing your email, use the recipient’s name and address them directly. This personal touch shows that you are not just sending a mass email, but rather reaching out to them specifically.
Reference their work:
- If you have researched the recipient, you may have come across some of their previous work. Mentioning this in your email can show that you are familiar with their work and have a genuine interest in connecting with them.
Explain why you’re reaching out:
- Make sure to clearly explain why you are reaching out. Are you promoting a new album or music video? Are you looking for press coverage or a collaboration opportunity? Be specific and concise in your explanation.
- Keep it short and to the point: Remember that the recipient is likely receiving a large number of emails, so keep your message short and to the point. Highlight the most important information and try to keep your email under 200 words.
Types of Lists:
- Virtual Publicist offers various editorial lists, including Indie community, YouTubers, multi-platform marketers, streamers and curators, venues from favorite cities, radio groups, labels, editors, managers, and A&R agents.
Strategy for Artists:
For a successful career, artists need a combination of press and interviews, playlist and curator placements, radio play, influencer campaigns, and editor exposure.
The strategy for artists when reaching out to media contacts through editorial lists on Virtual Publicist is to target multiple channels for a comprehensive reach. Start by targeting playlists and curators on streaming platforms to give your music a hook and reach a wider audience. Then, focus on radio play to gain a national reach and potentially lead to interviews.
As your music grows in popularity, consider influencer campaigns to bring in niche viewers and aggregate a bigger audience. Finally, target top-tier publications and editors for prestige and opportunities with agents, bookers, and labels
Press and Interviews:
- Build your profile and increase search engine visibility with press and interviews.
Playlists and Curators:
- Get recognized on streaming platforms with playlist placements and reach a wider audience beyond social media ads.
- Expand your reach nationally with radio play, leading to interviews and further growth.
- Collaborate with influencers for niche viewership and a potential viral audience.
- Target top-tier prestige by reaching out to editors and scaling to agents, bookers, and labels. Join the ranks of stars with the right strategy and use of Virtual Publicist’s editorial lists.
By following these tips, you can increase the chances of getting a response from the media contacts you reach out to through editorial lists on Virtual Publicist.